Saturday, August 25, 2007


Open to Everything



Three weeks into my yoga practice, I have become a completely different person. Not that I was not mellow, but I am mellower.

I take an anusara yoga class, and my instructor is an artist/yoga instructor who forces us in the most gentle way ever to do more than we think we can. The first week with her I was sore in places I did not know that I could be sore! The following week, I got my leg well close to my shoulder and did not feel a bit of pain. She has a never say never approach, and I just go with the flow. She did a difficult pose, and I said a little bit aloud that I was not going to be able to do that. She said that we were not having a competition, but that we have to be open to at least trying everything.

My body and my mind are open to everything. In terms of my art, I am still tabula rasa, but the new ink is smeared all over my head like henna.

My blogging is like yoga too. I am way past baby steps, I am walking...

2 comments:

CeeCi said...

Yoga is amazing isn't it? I creak and groan, pop and mumble my way through a class only to feel like I'd somehow just had a birthday when it's all done.

I wanted to let you know, I've sent out invitations to the Garden, but don't have an email address for you. If you'd like an invite, please let me know:
harlekwin47 at yahoo dot com

ciao bella~
CeeCi

probitionate said...

While I was in England, I noticed a magazine article on the bulletin board of one of the Lead Designers. It was a Sunrise Salutation series. It piqued my curiosity. Some time after that, I 'stole' it when I left the company. (I subsequently sent the owner an apology; she laughed her forgiveness.) That was three years ago, and now I do a much-expanded series. I've taken one class with my brother in VA, but I'm very much self-directed. It's a part of my life now; I often have a compulsion to at least do what I call a 'speed-yoga' session of the 41 asanas at the end of the day, especially if I've run in the morning. I'm so glad I was a 'thief', so glad that I opened myself to the possibilities that yoga can provide. When I next do a Revolved Triangle, I'll be thinking of you.