Monday, February 12, 2007


Watching



New York is one of the best places in the world to watch couples. Couples of all ages inspire me. Last week I was on the bus, sitting in front of an older couple who were tourists (from further along the east coast!) She says to him, "Look at the building with the bow on top!" I cannot help but subtly turn my head to see which one has the bow on top! This becomes a conversation between them about when they lived in New York, and where they are living now.

On the train today, I saw a young couple sitting together, he had one hand on her thigh, the other behind her knee. She throws her head back, looks like she is crying her eyes closed tight. I realize after awhile she must have told him she was not ticklish and he is trying to prove her wrong!

I can imagine a better story from the second couple...

The image above was found on Getty Images

No comments: