Tuesday, July 10, 2007


Gratitude Tuesday



Sustenance



I am writing my first Gratitude Tuesday in a long time. I am grateful today for physical and mental sustenance. Particularly mental. When my mother died, I knew I was going to continue to write, but I was not sure where I would find the inspiration from.

I have been startled to discover I still experience joy, happiness, passion--intense good emotions. I am able to take their sap and use them.

I am also able to utilize my sadness. Writers at the end of the day are leeches, we suck the sap out of every experience, every movement--everything. I have never been ashamed of the things that have inspired me or the things that I have utilized for the sake of art.

It is art at the end of the day, isn't it? Whatever medium. A blog, a novel in progress, the new feelings you have for another person...all of it is art right?

I am grateful...

3 comments:

Cosima said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom.

Writing is art, no doubt about it. It's a form of self-expression and communication, and your blog is wonderful to read.

CeeCi said...

There is inspiration in every moment of every day. It is in the conversations we have, the world we see, the people we encounter and the experiences in our lives.

Who was it who said "without sadness we cannot know joy." It all weaves together to create the perfect cloth.

I agree with Cosima... your blog is wonderful to read.

ciao bella~
CeeCi

probitionate said...

"Writers at the end of the day are leeches, we suck the sap out of every experience, every movement--everything."

Mmm... Have to disagree with the connotation here.

We're conduits.

We're interpreters.

We're relayers.

I'm just reading "Writing From The Heart'. I recommend it highly.