Saturday, July 07, 2007


Sharing 101



My mother always told me to be careful when you get comfortable talking. It is like its own sort of intoxication. One second you are talking about simple things, the next you are telling someone what color underwear you have on.

Well I did not reveal that, but I did let someone read a peek at a new project of mine that I realized was a bit racy. Nothing terrible, nothing that Anais Nin would not have be proud of! This guy that was sharing with his work, so I shared with him. I never share my work in progress. But I did. And it was liberating, it was okay to share with him and it was okay for him to share with me.

Then I let another friend read it. Now I am not so anxious anymore, I want to show someone else.

I think I was afraid of not being perfect, I have to learn to throw that inhibition out. I got input which was even better. I really probed both people.

I hope they are still my friends!

3 comments:

probitionate said...

Puts up his hand...

NydiaAntonia said...

hey, i want to read it! Hi! I'm Anais Nin too...What part of New York?

CeeCi said...

Trust is a splendid thing, isn't it? Good for you letting others see who you are, keeps it real.

ciao bella~
CeeCi