Sunday, July 29, 2007



Post Venus in Furs



I have stopped feeling so angry and I am happy to post. I am online working on my novel in progress. Met another writer yesterday who wrote a novel after her mother died and it occurred to me that I have created a thing of love and originality that happened after my mother died.

I can still do it, I will continue to do it. I have been writing like mad. But honestly, my inner Anais Nin has been inhibited. I am not sure what is bringing that on, but I am working to push past it. I can get down and dirty like all of the rest!

I am about to have brunch in the city--so many places around me I have spent part of the morning writing--a pretty sexy scene not physically explicit--maybe verbally explicit?

Definitely!

Maybe settling down with a good meal will make my mind wander...

Have you ever read Venus in Furs? I was reading the first few pages in a used bookstore cafe and was it only me who was laughing my head off? Although it was nice to see Sacher-Masoch instead of de Sade. I wish I had had the nice Klimt cover though!

No comments: