Friday, April 27, 2007


Anais Anais



I saw this Irving Penn photograph of Anais Nin. I was talking with a woman who was remarked about Nin being a polygamist--one husband on each coast of the continental United States. I think it was kind of cool! I mean I am not the sort of person who would want to marry two men, but I can have nothing against a woman who was her age and able to pull it off. It is inspirational.

I told a guy I know so many times that he should read Little Birds that he finally bought it. I am waiting to see if he likes it, I have never tired of turning people onto her.

This image courtesy of http://www.tfaoi.com/aa/1aa/1aa393.htm

2 comments:

Cosima said...

I have never read anything by her, although I desperately want to. Which book would you recommend to start?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. What about having one each on two countries of your choice? That could be nice....