Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Gratitude Tuesday



New York



Only in my beloved New York, could I--who can newly drink coffee again post Lent--be walking out of Starbuck's, tell a woman that the beads she was wearing were nice and have her give them to me!

I was mad because I had just gotten my coffee and asked for six packets of honey to put into it--a habit that is hard to relinquish post tea--only to have the barista say to me that that is sure a lot of honey! This after he failed to give me my change, and I said okay keep it.

But I digress...

I pointed to the woman's beads and said they were cute. She said thank you, and after I poured half and half into my coffee said to take them. I said no of course! But she insisted. Turns out she had a bunch as part of a New Orleans promotion. I took the beads, and was overwhelmed. I have never visited New Orleans, but it has always had a dear spot in my heart. It was lovely to feel some of the hospitality of the city, and to have a Fat Tuesday so much after the fact.

What city connects other cities like New York does? I am proud to be a native New Yorker because as far as I am concerned it is the capital of the world, which has given me endless experiences like the above.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Great place to live and be proud of!

Huggs
Theresa

CeeCi said...

Beads have a particularly special place in my heart and in my life. They're meant to be shared and the woman who gave you that surprise gift was keeping the spirit of beads alive!

The word 'bead' comes from the old English word 'bede' which meant prayer. Is it any wonder you got a string of beads when you were enjoying something you'd given up for Lent? There are no co-incidences.

The world is a profoundly beautiful and magical place!

ciao bella~
CeeCi

CeeCi said...

One more thing...I was busy responding to comments when you posted your comment to the Garden...does that mean we were in the same space at the same time?

Leonore S. said...

Theresa,

I just took a look at your blog, and it is beautiful and full of fairy dust!

I really hope that you get spanked soon...I think we are both New Yorkers then? Or at least both on the East Coast?

Leonore S.

Leonore S. said...

CeeCi,

I also do not believe in coincidences.

I think you and I are always in the same place by the way. Like minds never stray!

Leonore S.