Friday, May 04, 2007


Babycakes and Babeland



I was wandering about the Lower East Side. I am a native New Yorker, but do not think that means I do not have to HopStop certain parts, or discover somewhere I have not been like Columbus. I knew I had to get to Babycakes for their amazing spelt and gluten free chocolate frosted cupcake tops--I did not realize that the rest of the world feels like me and thinks that is the best part of the cupcake hands down. I want to go there now, but I am in the East Village and it would take a while to get there...

This is a lovely irony. I am all for planning my sugar shopping, but when I wandered into Babeland on Rivington Street, I was the chica who walked out with a bottled water. I was salivating over the erotic books there--instructional and fictional. But I walked out with room temperature water with a pink Babeland label. The cashier was lovely, said to me there was a rip off coupon on the bottle which I almost used for my $1.60 water. But then had a change of heart. Decided to save the coupon for a rainy day.

Both of us were glad I made that decision...

No comments: