Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Gratitude Tuesday



Quirks



In my I Heart Memes post, CeeCi mentioned my semi addiction to Tori Amos...

Her new album came out today, and it is the new soundtrack in my head. I cannot even begin to describe how good the album is. I am the sort of girl who usually does not love an album until I have heard it a few times. I have never met a Tori song I did not like. The lyrics, the voice, the sounds. What a sensation.

I read years ago in an interview in Rolling Stone, Tori Amos said that she was an acquired taste like anchovies. I remember my first Tori album was "Boys for Pele." Let's just say my mother does not like anchovies. No matter how low I played the album she would hear it and tell me to turn it down more.

A crush of mine once asked me to waltz to a remix of "Hey Jupiter." I was just getting to know him and I don't dance much so I said no, but it was once of the most romantic things a guy has ever proposed to me.

There is a Tori album that is the soundtrack to infinite parts of my life. Even when her words cannot be literally translated for me, I find something I feel in them and am captured.

Maybe Tori is one of my quirks--among many! Thank God for them because if we were all the same we would be nothing.

5 comments:

CeeCi said...

Will you still like me when I tell you your mother and I share similar feelings for "Boys for Pele?" I bought the CD and no matter how many times I listened I just couldn't get my head and heart to enjoy the music. "Little Earthquakes" on the other hand may need replacing one of these soon days.

I admire quirkiness. I adore people who go through life enjoying the unusual in themselves and in the things they encounter on their journey. I guess you could say quirk works for them!

ciao bella~
CeeCi

Malderius said...

Hello, I visited your blog and I think it's very interesting and well done.
Now it's your turn to visit my site if you want (Antica Stirpe).
Thank you and go ahead like this.
Malderius

Leonore S. said...

CeeCi,

I like you even more for daring to rock the boat!:)

I was in the midst of a bad boy scenario when that album came out. It appealed to everything in me at the time and now it is one of my favorite melodies...

I am listening to the new album now as I type...

Leonore S.

Leonore S. said...

Malderius,

My blog pales in comparison to yours. I felt like I was walking into a fantasy.

Thanks for coming by,

Leonore S.

probitionate said...

Yeah, I've been listening to 'Posse' non-stop. And for someone who's been a Toriphile since '92, and who's admitted that 'she's gone back to the well too many times'...this album is extraordinary. I cannot believe that this is her latest, it's so fresh, it's so broad, it's so good.

In fact, this was the content of my email to three of my closest friends, with the Subject being 'Tori's Latest CD':

Wow.