Friday, May 25, 2007


The Frenzy



I went to a screening for my friend's film short. Why did I feel like a nerd? I was the only person looking at the screen. I am not sure why the other people were there. I wanted to see the film which I discovered was in a foreign language. I needed the director (my friend) to translate to me from the French above the music and liquor rising like heavy steam.

Images from the film are still with me. I feel brazen to want to create one for myself, but then I never said I was not brazen. Since I have to develop the script the day that I begin writing, I just have been collecting ideas. I asked a friend to write down a phrase that she said in the midst of conversation. She understood. Why I love my artist friends. They understand the madness. The frenzy.

No comments: