Tuesday, March 06, 2007


Gratitude Tuesday



Icicle



First, I am thankful for Tori Amos's song, "Icicle."

Then I am thankful for becoming one today in NYC. I do love New York, even when it is cold on my face, and colder running up my legs--I was crazy to wear a skirt today with sheer pantyhose!

But when I am warm, and later I am going to lay down like Tori sings in this song...

And on the train ride home, I am going to think of The Butterfly Tempstress, you must go to her post and ponder the quote there, and just the entire post!

This icicle of Tori Amos from Toriphoria .

3 comments:

CeeCi said...

Brrrr...what were you thinking? Pantyhose and a skirt on a cold winter's day, I hope you weren't wearing high heels too!

Thank you for the link to TBT, the quote was quite profound, I can understand why you pondered it on your train ride. I'll probably ponder it as I pull my warm blankets up to my chin.

ciao for now~
CeeCi

Anonymous said...

I was listening to that song (and a couple of her other albums this week) on my iPod, talk about odd coincidences.

probitionate said...

'Icicle' has been a fitting song this winter up here in Canadonia. In fact, as I've played my way through all things-Tori, I've been reminded of how fitting her music is not only for my writing...but for the winter solitude...and for Life in general.