Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Gratitude Tuesday



Jazz



In the form of Astrud Gilberto. I am pretty certain that you cannot capture a bad side of her voice. Whether it is English or Portuguese, she never fails to create a certain sadness or happiness! I was at a lovely now extinct restaurant years ago, and the backdrop was Astrud Gilberto for Lovers.

Need I say more about her, or elaborate more on my gratitude? I was reading the notes in the CD I got of hers today--yes I am that old fashioned--and read that she was a housewife with little musical training. Also that her career did not take off much after the seventies. I also recently learned that Star Trek was not such a big hit in its day either. I think endurance is the key, and to Astrud I bid a warm, obrigado.

1 comment:

CeeCi said...

Wow, what a wonderful voice! I fired up my i-Tunes and gave her a listen. Thanks for introducting me to a "new" artist and thank you for your comments in the Garden. I always enjoy hearing from you!

ciao bella~
CeeCi