Tuesday, March 27, 2007




Gratitude Tuesday



Love



What other word could I pick with the letter "L?" I am a hopeless and hopeful romantic--thanks Probitionate! I have been in love with love since I was a little girl. I think it is one of the most beautiful notions in the world--contrary to Tina Turner.

It is probably one of the words that I overuse the most in the world, but it is something that I always feel, and say with a great deal of gusto when I use it. I told a co-worker today that I loved her and she did not even flinch. I once told a guy that--who I probably loved more than her and he was nearly freaked out.

Love is a heavy word and should not be misused. But it is, but then like I said when you say it or feel it in the moment, you mean it. I mean it almost every time I say it. Because there is not another word that gives the same meaning.

I love books. The sexist thing to me is to see someone reading a book--especially one that I might have wanted to read or read and liked. I love the person with the book at that moment, and I mean that.

I was at a book release party, and it was ridiculously entertaining. I saw someone there who I had not seen or heard from for a very long time. It was interesting the emotions I felt while talking to them. We kissed goodbye, and I was like how insignificant that was. Love and kisses can sometimes be so insignificant.

And sometimes be everything in the world.

There is nothing else like love under the sun, I rather have it than money or bread in my mouth.

I am grateful for everything I love, and for everything I have the potential of loving...

This cupid is courtesy of Getty Images

8 comments:

CeeCi said...

I love that you've been in love with love since you were a little girl! I know what you mean about people's reactions when you tell them you love them. I think it has more to do with them than it will ever have to do with the person saying the words.

Love is an amazing thing and being able to both experience it and express it...well...I just love that too!

ciao bella~
CeeCi

Paul said...

Leonores, I understand that very well, I think that I have been in love with love all my life.
BTW, thank you so much for your F/F story on Tiggr's blog, I really enjoyed it.
Love the fact that you are part of our GT group.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Cosima said...

To be able to give and to receive love is such a wonderful thing...

I recently came across a quote by the poet Rainer Maria Rilke: "For one human being to love another: that is the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test of proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation."

Isn't that the truth?

probitionate said...

Speaking of Love...and of books...

http://seenreading.blogspot.com/

Yes, Love is the best.

It's a shame that for many of us, its value and power are only properly appreciated when we've only just landed in it...or when it's moving away from us. I feel quite blessed in having been denied its wonders directly for as long as I have...because it's made me all the more aware of its value in my life.

Leonore S. said...

CeeCi,

I love that I have been in love since I was a little girl too! And it definitely has everything to do with the person who you are saying I love you to--and I am talking casually like "I love you" and not meaning I am in love.

I recently told another person I loved them for something really simple and they just smiled, blushed and that was all. It was sort of cute.

Love remains amazing--I just came from your blog, write soon!

Ciao,

Leonore S.

Leonore S. said...

Paul,

Have we all not been in love with love? I think the people who have not been are the most unlucky people on the earth.

BTW--I did not write that story! I have been bemoaning how much I have not been writing, but I might post a story here soon...

What is your GT group?

Leonore S.

Leonore S. said...

Cosima,

I love when people are able to tap into the things that are on my mind without trying to. You have no idea how relevant that quote is to me right now, and I thank you for it in so many ways...and on so many levels.

Leonore S.

Leonore S. said...

Probitionate,

I am in LOVE with Seen Reading--thank you too much!

How have you avoided love directly for so long? You have piqued my curiousity...and I think love is as big in your life as it is in mine.

Leonore S.